Named Piped Provider: Could not open a connection to SQL Server
You receive this message when attempting to start SME:
- Connecting Database Named Pipes Provider: Could not open a connection to SQL Server .
If you click ok SQL will continue to attempt to connect to the SQL instance running the High5 database.
- Clicking ok will bring up the SME 5 connection dialogue. Click Cancel as the issue is with the SQL Server Service and not SME.
- Use these steps to restart the service:
- Log on to the server or computer hosting the database:
- Go to Windows Start
- The SQL Config Manager should be pinned to your start menu
- If it is not pinned click All Programs and scroll down to the MS SQL 2008 R2> Configuration Tools
- Open it and click on the SQL Server Services in the left hand column
- Right Click on the SMEServer service in the right hand column and start it