Looking up inventory
Use the Search window to look up inventory items and export your inventory item list to Excel.
1. Select Inventory module.
2. Click Search and select Search Active Items.
3. Double click on the item in the list to go to the item.
Choose columns in Search Active Items
You can sort your items by every column you view in the Search Active Items window. You can also select which columns you are viewing in this window. You might want to have the ability to sort your items by Item Number, System Type, minimum on hand, or Available. To choose columns:
1. In the Search Active Items window, click Views, Add Remove Fields.
2. In the Grid Columns window that displays, check the item fields you want to view as columns. Uncheck the ones you don’t want to view. (image below)
3. Click OK.
4. Notice the columns you selected added.
5. Click on any column header to sort the data.
6. When you close the Search Active Items window, you will be prompted to save your new view. If you want to, click OK and type a name for the view. The view will be saved for you.
- NOTE** When you save a new view, all SME users will have access to the view.
Select Saved View
1. In the Inventory module, click Search, Search Active Items.
2. In the Search Active Items window, click Views, Apply View and select the custom view. (image below)
3.The grid will change to the custom view you created.
Search For Field
This field allows you to type the name of the record you want to find instead of scrolling through your list. This can save you time if your list is long.
1. Click the column header you want to search by.(1)
2. Type the name you are searching for in the Search For field. (2) As you type, the row will be highlighted.
3. Either double click on the record to open customer, or when the customer is highlighted hit enter on your keyboard.
Grouping by Columns
In the search window, you can group the data by a column.
1. Drag and drop column header into the gray header area above the columns.
2. Notice the data grouped by the data in the column selected.
3. Click the plus sign in each group to expand the group. (image on right)
4. Remove grouping by dragging the column header back in place.
Export Search View to Excel
1. In Search window, click Export and select Export to Excel.
2. In the window that opens, Click OK and Excel will launch with your inventory data.
3. Use Excel tools to manipulate the data
Apply filters to your search view to see only the data you want to see.
- Make sure the data you want to filter by is added as a column in your view.
- Click the Filter icon at the bottom of the search window.
- In the Filter Builder window, click press the button to add a new condition.
- Click UID to select the field that contains the value you want to filter by. (1)
- Click like to select the filter type.
- Click <empty> and type the value you want to filter the search by. (2)
- Click OK and your search view is filtered.
You can apply more than one filter to your search view by clicking press the button to add a new condition and setting the condition.
Look up by Item Number
1. Click Navigate.
2. Select Go To.
3. In the Find Item Number window, type the item number you want to open and click OK.