Customers often need to access SME Mobile and Cloud products from outside the network (for techs in the field) and inside the network (users in the office).
Some routers or ISP's will block an attempt from an internal network user from connecting to High5 Mobile products.
Therefore, customers must work with their IT or ISP to allow this type of access if they are having problems connecting from within their network. This situation is called hairpinning or NAT redirection.
- Below are some resources for defining and resolving this issue:
- Wiki definition: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hairpinning
- Best way to resolve is to search for a solution for your particular router. Search examples
- <your router model> hairpin
- <your router model> NAT redirection
- Resources: http://serverfault.com/questions/361564/public-ip-resolves-externally-but-not-internally
- Resources: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6047391/nat-translation-not-working-from-inside-the-network-hairpin-condition
- NOTE: High 5 Software is NOT able to resolve this issue remotely since it requires working with the router. You will need to work with your IT or ISP.