Excel on Hosted Server
SME has a number of feature that use Excel. On a hosted server, this can be an issue due to Microsoft licensing of Office and a remote desktop server used by multiple people. There are a couple options for Excel on hosted server:
- Purchase Office license for Remote Desktop Services or have your IT team install on the remote server
- Note that this Office license must be purchased separately, High 5 Software does not supply or sell this product.
- One source for this license can be found here:
- NOTE: Microsoft Licensing is very confusing, we are not sure if this will work on your remote desktop environment!!!
- These are just example links, you can purchase from any supplier.
- Use Open Office for most SME functions
- Open Office is free and open source.
- Open Office will work for exporting Search views or grids.
- Open office will work for creating csv files that can be imported.
- Data can be exported from SME in Utilities>Export into csv format and opened in Open Office.
- Can NOT be used for importing excel files in Utilities>Import. Must use csv format for importing.
- Download Open Office from here: https://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html
- Hosting with High 5 Software
- If you are hosting with High 5 Software, you can select either of the above options and High5 will install the appropriate software.
- If you have a Microsoft Office license for option 1, you will need to provide the license information to High5.