Customer Link ID Not Initialized
If you receive the following SQLink error, you were trying to sync an invoice to QuickBooks that didn't have a valid customer in QuickBooks.
Invoice #XXX skipped - Customer link ID not initialized
This is usually caused by duplicate customer records in SME. Click here to watch a video on how to resolve the duplicate customer on an invoice and sync the invoice properly.
In the video, when the service order was re-invoiced, we let SME assign a new invoice number. If you need to retain the original invoice number, instead of clicking Action> Generate Invoice on the order, follow these steps:
- Write down the order number that needs to be re-invoices.
- Go to the correct customer record (not the DUP customer).
- Click Actions> New Combined Invoice. SME will jump to the new invoice.
- On the Details and Settings tab, locate the Invoice # field. Click to enter the invoice number you want to use. (If you don’t see this icon, you need to add the permission to initialize numbers to your user group settings)
- Select the Service Orders or Install Orders tab to select the order you need to invoice (the invoice number you wrote down in the first step above).
- Click Save.