SME Custom Tabs and Fields allows a Button function. This will allow you to call ANY executable (exe) program to run providing tremendous customization power.
Here is how the button function works.
- When the button is created, add the link to the exe file, for example c:\mypath\myexe in the 'Pick List'
- User clicks the button within SME's custom tab
- SME first checks to see if file exsits, then calls a system open.
- SME appends the customrecord data UID and the moduleID, so it looks like c:\mypath\myexe uid moduleid
- The UID is SME's unique identifier for the record from where the button was pushed.
- The moduleID is the module that initiate the button call. So if the button is called from Customer module, the moduleID is 5. Below is the module ID table.
- 1 Leads
- 1 Sales
- 5 Customer
- 6 Contracts
- 8 Service
- 9 Install
- 15 Inventory
- 18 Vendors
- 26 Issue
- 35 Equip. Dialog