Create a Maintenance Contract
Create a maintenance contact
1. Go to Customers module > Maintenance Contacts
2. Click New.
3. Double click on the customer you need to create contact for. The new maintenance contract is opened for this customer.
4. Details and Setting tab-
- Site and Billing tabs – This is pulled from the customer record for the customer selected.
- Contact # - This field will be auto-populated with a contract number once the contract is saved. If you would rather manually type in a number, you have to provide the user permission to “initialize numbers” in the user group settings.
- Date of Expiration – Select the date the contact ends. You can also click + to select the period (e.g. 30 days, 1 year) and SME will update the date.
- Salesperson – Select the salesperson on this contract.
- SLA Category – Select the SLA Category that applies to the contract.
- Contract Status – You can customize this drop down list to reflect the milestone you move your contracts through. You can sort and filter your contracts by this field in the search window. It doesn’t prompt anything, it is simply for reference.
- Class – select class if applicable.
5. Invoicing tab- this is where you will set up the recurring invoicing rules for this maintenance contract.
- Enter the following information:
Recurring Price – this is the amount that will be on each invoice that is sent for this contract.
Terms – select the invoice terms
Start Invoice Date – this will populate the Next Invoice Date field in the Recurring Invoice.
End Date – this date will populate the End Date field in the Recurring Invoice.
Billing Frequency – Select how frequently the recurring invoice will generate an invoice for this contract.
- Check Add/Update Recurring Invoice. Notice the Number of Occurrences and Recurrence Total at the bottom of the tab. This is the amount calculated based on the rules set on this tab.
6. Description tab- the text typed here will transfer to the invoice under Work Requested > Services Performed.
7. Equipment tab- this is where you can associate the equipment for the customer that is included on the contract.
- Click New.
- The Search window will open. You will see all of that customer’s equipment.
- Double click on the equipment you want to associate to the contract. Hold down the ctrl key on your keyboard as you click to select multiple items.
- Click OK.
A recurring invoice will be created in the Receivables module. The recurring invoice will generate invoices based on the rules you setup in the contract.