|Field Service Management (FSM): A system to optimize processes and information needed by companies who send technicians or employees out to the field (out of office). The optimization includes intelligent scheduling and dispatching of multiple technicians to different locations daily, while minimizing cost of and maintaining good customer service. Companies looking for field service management solutions are often involved with the management of installs, service or repairs of systems and equipment.
Field service management can also entail the creation of a mobile system that connects the field worker with the backend. In turn, this type of software improves field worker productivity, enhances customer service, automates paper processes, assists with regulatory compliance, reduces human error, and inventory turnover.
Aspects and components of a complete FSM solution:
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Sales Force Automation (SFA)
- Work Order Management
- Field Dispatch & Scheduling
- Mobile or Wireless Technology
- Customer Service History & Readily Accessible Databases
- Accounting Integration
How SME Handles FSM:
- Manage and track all customers, sales, leads, proposals, projects, contracts, technicians, equipment, assets, inventory, invoices, documents and more!
- Complete technician field dispatch and scheduling
- Sales, technician and customer help desk and knowledge base
- Mapping, site, installation, and customer service histories
For more information on Field Service Management or Field Dispatch please visit this link: Field Dispatch in SME