You can track prepaid labor for your customers and deduct the labor as it is used on orders. You can also setup recurring invoices to be generated every month or quarter for prepaid labor charges and the prepaid labor entries will be entered for you.
Entering a Prepaid Hours Entry
1) Go to a customer record
2) Click Customer History Tab > Prepaid Hours tab (if this tab is hidden, then your administrator will need to add it to your user group)
3) Click New
4) In the Prepaid Hours window:
>> select the service item used on the Labor Items on orders
>>Enter the Quantity of prepaid hours
>>Check the rate. The rate will populate with the service item rate. If the customer gets a different rate, enter it in the Rate field
>>Expires on - If the prepaid labor expires, choose the expiration date. If it doesn’t expire, check Never Expire.
5) Click OK. The prepaid hours can now be applied to labor on orders.
NOTE - If you are adding prepaid hours to a Parent customer, the prepaid hours will be applied on labor for orders for the “child” customer sites.
Deducting Prepaid Labor on Orders as used
1) Create a service or install order
2) Add Labor to the order (Order Items tab, click New Labor)
3) Select the Service Item you used in the prepaid hour (1 in image below)
4) Enter the Billable Qty for the labor (2 in image below)
5) Notice the Prepaid Hours used automatically fills in (3 in image below)
6) Click OK on Labor Editor
History of used labor on Prepaid Hours
In the customer record go to the Prepaid Hours tab. Here you can see the history of prepaid hours used.