Common Services provides a way for you to assign a key word to a block of text. When typing notes or filling out a work order, instead of typing the text you can select the key word you set up in Common Services.
Below is a video to watch how to set up Common Services, or you can read the instructions below.
Setting up Common Services
When a Common Service is created, everyone on your team will see it. You may want to designate one person on your team to set up the Common Services so the list can stay organized.
- In SME, click the Setup module.
- Click Company.
- Click Common Services.
- Click Edit in the menu on the left.
- Click Add.
- In the window that opens, type a description for the Common Service. This is the name that will identify the block of text and it will display in the common service list. Click OK.
- In the window that opens, type the block of text. Use the formatting tools at the top of the window to add bullets, numbering and to change the font color or size.
- Click OK.
- Click Save in the Common Services Setup Window (on the left).